there playing with his hair on fire, Fitzgerald said, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123 Mar 13

/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">ATHENS, Ga. 

Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . -- With Georgias offense in a slump and the Bulldogs season at crisis stage, its time to re-invest in the teams proven stars.That means more work for running backs Nick Chubb and Sony Michel this week against Kentucky. There also may be a bigger role for Isaiah McKenzie.Chubb had only nine carries for 20 yards in last weeks 24-10 loss at No. 10 Florida. Michel had three carries for two yards. McKenzie, the teams leading receiver, had no touches on offense.Georgia (4-4, 2-4 Southeastern Conference) has lost four of five games. The Bulldogs offense appears to have lost all momentum just in time for the visit to Kentucky (5-3, 4-2), which has won three straight .Florida limited Georgia to 164 yards on 52 plays, so there were fewer opportunities for all. Still, coach Kirby Smart had to explain on Monday that yes, Chubb was healthy and yes, the Bulldogs biggest star can expect a bigger workload this week.Weve got to get those backs the ball more, Smart said. We know that. They know that. Its being addressed. I think everybody knows that.Chubb surprised everyone in his comeback from last years knee surgery by running for 222 yards with two touchdowns in a win over North Carolina to open the season. He also ran in top form in a win over South Carolina on Oct. 9, when he had 121 yards rushing with two touchdowns. Since then, he has been held to a combined 60 yards in losses to Vanderbilt and Florida.The easy answer is the offensive line failed to clear room for Chubb and Michel against Florida. Defenses are loading the box to stop the run, daring freshman quarterback Jacob Eason to pass to receivers in one-on-one coverages. Eason completed only 15 of 33 passes for 143 yards and one touchdown against the Gators.Its kind of frustrating, but at the same time you cant let it get to you because thats when you tend to mess up even more, said left guard Isaiah Wynn. So we are just working on fixing it and getting better.The offensive swoon could shake any quarterbacks confidence. Receiver Michael Chigbu said he hopes Eason stays strong.I just want him to keep his composure, for him to know that we are always there for him, Chigbu said. We will get this right. Nobody wants him to be frustrated. Its not his fault. Its the teams fault. Its us as a team.Smarts specialty is defense. He acknowledged he and his staff, including offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jim Chaney, have struggled to find a run-pass balance, especially when Chubb, Michel and others havent found running room.When youre not successful running it, you cant keep banging your head against the wall, Smart said. Youve got to find ways to run the ball and youve got to find ways to take shots.Smart said he wont let the offensive line take all the blame.Its our responsibility as coaches and an offensive staff and offensive line coach to get the ball to the playmakers and allow them to make plays, he said. I dont want anybody to think that were blaming the offensive line. Do we think weve got to play better there? Yeah. They have played well sometimes. We just havent done it with a level of consistency. Weve got to help them by what we call and what we do scheme-wise.---More AP college football: ;Carlos Rodon Jersey/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Bobby Jenks Jersey/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments.>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> . But what about the officials? Every sport has officials and they also have stories about hard work and sacrifice but their accomplishments are seldom recognized by anyone outside their inner circle. TEMPE, Ariz. -- Nearly nine months after he tore an ACL and underwent knee surgery for the second time in three seasons, Tyrann Mathieu is back and ready to go in the Arizona Cardinals season opener against New England on Sunday night.Coach Bruce Arians said Mathieu will play every down. Defensive coordinator James Boettcher said his do-everything All-Pro defensive back is where he left off last year.Mathieu is a little more cautious.Asked on Thursday if he would be at 100 percent for the game, he just smiled and said, Well see.He will wear a brace, but a much smaller one than he did after his first surgery.If Im out there Im going to make some plays, he said. I just want to be prepared mentally. Physically Im all right. Well see how it goes.All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson indicated the Cardinals would ease Mathieu back into the game.Im ecstatic to have my partner in crime back on the field with me, Peterson said. Im looking for nothing but big plays from him. Were going to take it slow with him the first couple of weeks to see how hes acclimated to things.Mathieu, the Honey Badger to his legion of fans, didnt play in any preseason games but Arians and Boettcher said the 5-foot-9 dynamo was making big plays in practice.I think he had his hand on three balls today in practice, Boettcher said. Hes himself. Were excited hes back. Hes running around in practice, playing fast, doing a great job of communicating.The Caardinals defense was never quite the same after Mathieu went down Dec. Avisail Garcia Jersey/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal">. 20 in Philadelphia. His passion for the game and energy rubs off on the whole team, even the offense.Just from a morale standpoint, losing him last year was a kick in the stomach, receiver Larry Fitzgerald said. You see a guy whos battled back from injury the year before and to see it happen again, it was demoralizing for all of us. You feel sorry for him but you also feel sorry for your team because he was such a big part of it.Mathieu said he is anxious to play in front of the whole world. Im just ready to show people Im at work on Sunday.Despite his injuries to each knee, the Cardinals signed him to a five-year, $62.5 million contract with $21.25 million guaranteed in a show of just how much the charismatic cornerback-safety means to the franchise.Now he wants to resume the role that made him such an important part of the team.Its Sunday night football, he said. The intensity will be high. I just really want to raise the energy of everybody around me and hopefully my energy stays high for four quarters.Fitzgerald expects it will be.Hes going to be out there playing with his hair on fire, Fitzgerald said, like he always does.---AP NFL website: and AP NFL Twitter feed: NFL Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap Jerseys From China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Wholesale Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> Cheap NFL Jerseys China/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> NFL Cheap Jerseys/>imsun; font-size:medium; line-height:normal"> ' ' '