road. The St. Louis Cardinals were the other | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
corse178
corse178 Apr 15

MANCHESTER, England -- Its time for a reality check at Manchester United. Luke Shaw Jersey .Four straight wins to start the season -- one in the Community Shield and three in the English Premier League -- saw new United manager Jose Mourinho cast by many as a savior of Englands biggest club, which has slumped since Alex Fergusons retirement in 2013.However, a loss to bitter rival Manchester City in the league last weekend, followed by a 1-0 defeat to Feyenoord in the Europa League on Thursday, is a reminder of the task facing Mourinho in restoring Uniteds fortunes after the gloom of the David Moyes and Louis van Gaal eras.Not that Mourinho had been getting carried away.Despite having the stated ambition of winning the Premier League title in his first season in charge, he has repeatedly said it will take time for his players to get used to his methods and to change their mindset after two years of risk-averse football under Van Gaal.When we won the Community Shield and the three Premier League matches, I was not on the moon, Mourinho said. I was not saying that we are a phenomenal team and we are going to destroy every opponent.I always said it was a very good start but ... I know that the situation is not click your fingers and everybody is perfect.Motivation appeared to be an issue against Feyenoord -- Mourinho said his team was at half pace in the first half -- as United gets used to playing in Europes second-tier competition while most of the continents heavyweights feature in the Champions League earlier in the week.Mourinho also made eight changes to the starting team that was largely outclassed by City five days earlier, resting Wayne Rooney, Luke Shaw, and Antonio Valencia completely, and starting Zlatan Ibrahimovic on the bench. And Feyenoords goal could have been ruled out for offside in the buildup.Still, United had around $200 million of attacking talent in Anthony Martial, Paul Pogba, and Juan Mata against Feyenoord, while teenager Marcus Rashford was rewarded for some impressive recent displays as a substitute with a first start of the season up front.There was little inspiration going forward, though.Pogba, signed for a world-record fee of $116 million last month, was given more attacking license than in previous matches by being played alongside Ander Herrera and Morgan Schniederlin in midfield, but was a peripheral figure, especially in the first half.United will be back to full strength on Sunday for its away match against Watford in the Premier League.On Sunday, character ... needs to shine through, United defender Chris Smalling said, because its unacceptable to lose three games in a row. James Wilson Jersey . Westbrook has missed 27 games since having a procedure on Dec. 27 to deal with swelling in his injured right knee — the third operation on the knee in nine months. Anders Lindegaard Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. http:///...ester-united-jersey/ . Rousey will put her perfect 8-0 record and hardware on the line against another undefeated fighter, 7-0 Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170, which will be held at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas Nevada on February 22nd. LOS ANGELES -- Manager Joe Maddon isnt worried about Javier Baez or his Chicago Cubs, even after Baezs casual throw to second base cost his team a pivotal series.Baez and Ben Zobrist failed to convert on a fielders choice and allowed a run to score in the eighth inning, and Brock Stewart and four relievers combined to four-hit the Cubs in the Los Angeles Dodgers 1-0 victory on Sunday.We made a mental mistake at second and it costs us, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. (Baez is) a young player but he has as much instinct for this game as anyone Ive ever seen. Im not going to beat up my guys.With one out in the eighth, pinch-hitter Andrew Toles was hit by a pitch, and then Trevor Cahill (3-4) threw away Howie Kendricks short roller, allowing Toles to reach third.After an intentional walk to Corey Seager and a strikeout, Adrian Gonzalez hit a soft grounder to the left side, away from the shifted Cubs defense. Baez stumbled backward to field it and then threw easily to late-arriving second baseman Zobrist. Umpires ruled a sliding Seager beat Zobrist to the bag, allowing Toles to score, and a review upheld the call.As soon as I saw (Baez) throw to second I knew I had a chance of being safe, Seager said. Fortunately, it worked out for us.Seagers right foot slid into the base with Zobrists left foot just inches from coming down on the bag.I didnt expect to be late on the play, but we didnt communicate on the play, Baez said. (Seager) beat the throw. Next time, I will be better and will be in my spot.The Dodgers took two of three from the Cubs over the weekend.Stewart struck out eight over five innings of two-hit ball, and then Jesse Chavez, Grant Dayton, Joe Blanton and Kenley Jansen closed up shop. Blanton (5-2) got the win and Jansen got three outs for his 39th save.Stewart began the season with Class A Rancho Cucamonga and was making just this third big league start. He struck out eight of the first 12 batters to set a career high and struck out six in a row during one stretch. Henrikh Mkhitaryan Jersey. e also got his first major league hit with a single in the third off Lester. He was lifted for a pinch-hitter in the fifth after throwing 80 pitches.Jon Lester struck out six and pitched three-hit ball over six innings, and the Cubs also four-hit the Dodgers.I felt efficient early in the game but in the fifth and sixth innings they ran deep counts and made me work, Lester.Kendrick walked to lead off the first and reached third on an errant pickoff attempt by catcher David Ross, but Lester struck out Seager, Justin Turner and Gonzalez successively to end the threat.DISASTER AVERTEDSeager and second baseman Charlie Culberson bumped into each other and nearly dropped a pop-up by Addison Russell in the eighth inning. Both players called for the ball beyond second base, and Seager got his glove on it first but was brushed by Culberson. The ball popped out of Seagers glove and hit off Culbersons mitt before Seager barehanded it for the third out.TRAINERS ROOMCubs: RHP John Lackey (right shoulder strain) will throw a bullpen session Monday at home, and manager Joe Maddon said Lackey is scheduled to throw a second bullpen session during Chicagos homestand before a decision is made about when he will be activated.ROAD WARRIORSEntering this game, the Cubs (37-27) were one of two NL teams at least 10 games over .500 on the road. The St. Louis Cardinals were the other (38-24).UP NEXTCubs: RHP Jake Arrieta (16-5, 2.62) will open a seven-game homestand Monday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Last time out, Arrieta gave up two hits in eight scoreless innings to earn his league-leading 16th victory against the San Diego Padres. Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Discount NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL Cheap ' ' '

Share: